Sunday 30 August 2015

TOP FIVE // UNDER £5





For today's post I thought I would start a new blog series of my favourite make up products under £5. To start off I've decided to show my all time go to products that I absolutely love from the high street. These five products I have been using since for a while now and are my all time go to products. 

I talk about the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer way too much and I'm pretty sure you are all aware of how much I love it! It's sold at £4.19 which is really inexpensive for the quality of this concealer. It is really high coverage but not heavy on the skin. It also has the slightest pink undertone making it perfect for my under eye circles. I have pretty much used this concealer daily since the beginning of my make up days.

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadows have had a lot of hype since they came out in store and I can only agree with the amazing things that have been said about this product. They are so easy to apply and give a good amount of pigmentation. They are really easy to blend and the colour range is beautiful and offer both matte and shimmer eyeshadows. I have had my colour tattoo for around 2 years now and it's still going strong! It hasn't dried out which is a huge bonus as I find that most cream products do. This product is priced at £4.99 and the shade I use the most is "On and on bronze".

This Stay Matte powder by Rimmel London is my most go to powder as it never fails me and works on my skin no matter the season. I have this powder in "Transparent" which I prefer as it doesn't add any extra colour to my face as I find that some of the other shades they offer can make my skin have a slight red undertone whereas my skin has a yellow undertone so the transparent shade is perfect. It is such a light but long lasting powder. This product is priced at £3.99 and is worth so much more!

I haven't heard many bloggers or youtubers mention the Barry M lipsticks but I bought one when they first came out just because where I lived the Boots is so small, there were only five make up counters. But I can't stop buying these when new shades are released and at £4.49 you can't go wrong. The texture of these are really creamy and long lasting and the colour range is really impressive for an affordable range. I have so many shades but my all time favourite is the shade 150. It is a perfect nude for my complexion and I wear it almost everyday.

Lastly I have chosen to feature my all time favourite liquid eyeliner from the Natural Collection which I have been using since I began wearing liquid eyeliner which was probably in 2011. The brush on this eyeliner is so thin it is really easy to create a natural look with it but also great for creating dramatic winged eyeliner. I wear this on my nights out too and it never fails me or clumps! 

I hope you enjoyed this type of blog post, I was thinking I could do my top five lipsticks next? Let me know if you would be interested in reading this and I will be sure to post it.





Share:

10 comments

  1. Found this really helpful! I really want to try the collections concealer I've heard so many good reviews about it! I'd also love to try the Colour tattoos, I need to go to Boots soon lol! Great post! Xxx
    http://www.life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it was useful :) Yeah I could do with another trip! I'm becoming a make up hoarder haha xx

      Delete
  2. Great round-up! I love everything you mentioned except I haven't tried the eyeliner. Those Collection concealers are awesome (: Would definitely be interested in seeing your top 5 lipsticks

    Kat Peachy Pink Gloss

    PS I had some trouble commenting, it kept directing me back to Wordpress.com without leaving the comment :/ Just thought I'd let you know in case it's happening to others too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah the concealer is by far my favourite and I'll be definitely doing a top 5 lipsticks in the near future :) Oh really? I'll have a look to see what's going on but thank you so much for letting me know! Really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  3. I agree with like all of these basically. Maybelline is a really good drugstore option...

    Beautybydaisychain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really do love maybelline! Their mascaras are pretty impressive too! :) x

      Delete
  4. I have nominated you for the liebster award! I think your blog is absolutely stunning and I love to read it <3 I know you've already done it but I thought you should know that I would have nominated you anyway! xoxo

    http://isobelmarian.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Sorry for the late reply xxxx

      Delete
  5. What do you think of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder would it be a alternative for setting spray ? I've been trying to find a product that would help my makeup stay in place any suggestions ? xx
    - http://minalousha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mina! A powder can help your foundation last slightly longer and stay in place but you should definitely try out some primers! The instablur from the body shop is definitely one of my favourites! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig