Sunday 10 April 2016

WHEN ELLE AND YSL TEAM UP




A few days back I was kindly invited to attend a Beauty Masterclass hosted by the gorgeous Sophie Beresiner, a beauty director at ELLE Magazine and the YSL Beauty team. During the event we would be given a handful of tips and tricks whilst applying our make up using a range of Yves Saint Laurent's most popular products. We would also be told two new trends coming up this summer.
The day would end in receiving an amazing goody bag worth £70!

The top four base products that the YSL and ELLE beauty team recommended to use for this summer were the YSL Touche Éclat Blur Primer, the YSL Touche Éclait concealer and the YSL Touche Éclait foundation. These three products worked amazingly together. The primer was one of the smoothest and perfecting primers I have tried. It helped the foundation to glide on so smoothly and evenly. I was colour matched by one of the YSL beauty team members to the YSL foundation in BD25 which is a perfect match for my skin tone. As I tend to fake tan around once every two weeks, it had enough yellow tones to match. This foundation glided on so well and didn't require a lot of work at all! The ending result was quite a matte finish which I tend to prefer over warmer months as it helps lengthen the lasting time. The last base product was the YSL concealer in 1 Luminous Radiance. I fell in love with this concealer as soon as I used it. It gave a light to medium coverage whilst also highlighting. This is perfect for the under eyes and gives you that touch of brightness. We were also given a range of the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Neutralizers to try out.



After being given the opportunity to try out some of YSL's most talked about products we were told about two new trends for this summer. The first one was called 'Sun Stripping'. This trend focuses on the areas where the sun naturally hits you to give you a gorgeous sun kissed look. We used the
Yves Saint Le Teint Saharienne to create this look and began by dotting it across our cheek bones and over the nose then blended it together. Watch THIS video for a full demonstration. A tip to help set this product was to apply small amount of a powder bronzer on top. The next trend was all about the freckles, as a more natural and fresh look is becoming one of this years trends, freckles had to make an appearance. To do this we used the YSL eyebrow pencil to lightly dot freckles around the same area as the Sun Strip. A tip given by Sophie was to lightly dab the freckle as the warmth of your finger against the warmth of your face would help blur the freckle making it appear more natural and also enhance the wear. 


After being taught some amazing tips and tricks and having a go at trying out a range of YSL's spring inspired lipstick and blushes we were given the chance to take a photo of our gorgeous new glowy make up in the ELLE photo booth. After this we headed on over to the YSL beauty counter where we were given our fabulous goody bags and have another chance to look at more YSL products. In the goody bag we were so kindly given the Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Moisture Glow Base, the YSL Touche Éclait concealer in 1 Luminous Radiance, a copy of ELLE's May edition and some tasty popcorn! Lastly I treated myself to the stunning YSL Touche Éclait foundation with the golden ticket given.



I would like to send a huge thank you to the ELLE UK and YSL beauty team for such an inspiring and useful beauty class! I really enjoyed this fun pact day! I will definitely be taking these tips on board. Have any of you tried any of the YSL products or know of any upcoming summer trends? Lots of love,


Share:

9 comments

  1. I just recently got the YSL Touche Eclat, also in shade no. 1 Luminous Radiance. :) I really like it this far! You got lots of other exciting products as well! xx

    June | https://hellolipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! It's great for a light coverage concealer! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like some great products you got! I have never tried anything from YSL but would love to try the Touche Eclait as everyone loves it

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was seriously amazed! This was my first time trying out their products too, you should try and see if they have any samples going at the counted! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it was a brilliant event!

    I'll have to give Sun Stripping a go this Summer

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! It was such a nice chilled day, yeah you should! It sounds really odd at first but the end result is really nice xx

      Delete
  4. You look so pretty!

    Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Of course hun, I'll follow you now! x

      Delete
  5. Which foundation are you wearing in the your main photo on the blog?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig