Sunday 12 June 2016

NYX // CREAM LIPSTICKS





When I first saw the opening of a NYX stand in the Boots in Cardiff I spent about half an hour swatching their products and may have got a bit carried away. You probably all know by now but trying to find a store that supplies NYX products in the UK is extremely difficult and I have been trying to get my hands on their lip products for a while now. Lately I have been obsessing over the muted toned matte lipsticks and two of their ranges really caught my eye. First of all I would like to say I was extremely impressed by the colour range NYX had to offer, their lipsticks range from matte to intensely glossy and from vibrant purples to a range of nudes, it is safe to say they have a colour to suit all skin tones and personal preferences!

While at the NYX stand I finally managed to grab some gorgeous colours, 50 swatches later. The first three lip products were from a range called 'Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick' and the three shades I picked up were Vintage LSCL12, Sandstorm LSCL07 and Soft Spoken LSCL04. I also picked up the shade Dubai SMLC34 from their 'Soft Matte Lip Cream' range.

The first shade named Vintage LSCL12 is the perfect dark berry colour that in my opinion would suit all skin tones. I absolutely love to wear this type of colour throughout the year, although I mainly wear this type of colour during the colder months I love to wear it during the summer with a very natural eye. It has the perfect amount of undertones of a pinky purple berry shade but is very intense. This shade looks the exact shade as Anastasia's Beverly Hills 'Liquid Lipstick' in the shade Trust Issues. Both perfect if you are wanting to try out more daring lip colours! Secondly, the shade Sandstorm LSCL07 is an unusual shade that I have grown to love! I currently don't have any lipsticks in my collection similar to this lip cream which gave me all the more reason to buy it. The best way to describe this would be a more darker nude with brown undertones. I am all about the brown shades at the moment and this is a perfect everyday nude but also really stands out as it is such a gorgeous light brown shade. This also looks like the perfect dupe for Kylie Jenner's Lip Kit shade in Dolce K if you are looking for a more cheaper alternative.

The last shade from their 'Liquid Suede Cream' range that I picked up, Soft Spoken LSCL04, is a best described as a dirty rose shade which I wear almost on an every day basis. I love to apply this lip cream when I'm in a rush but wanting to make my make up look as if I spent hours applying it. This is also a perfect dupe for MAC's lipstick in the shade 'Whirl'. All of these lip creams in this range are so easy to apply and I tend to only apply one coat of product as they are immensely pigmented. These lip creams in my opinion from the pigmentation to the finished look are perfect however these do tend to wear off throughout the day and almost crumble due to being quite drying. Because of this I would recommend applying a lip balm of some sort before just to help improve the wear of these!

And finally, the lip cream from their 'Soft Matte Lip Cream' range that caught my attention was their shade in Dubai SMLC34. This is my eyes was a very out there shade and I haven't tried anything like it before so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a go. It is a true brown shade which I think would look amazing with a tan and natural eyes and a bronzed make up look. The formula of this product is slightly different compared to the range I previously mentioned due to being more creamier, hydrating and also smelling like chocolate. I did find that this range weren't as pigmented as the 'Liquid Suede Creams', although this may seem as a disadvantage it is perfect to either apply a small amount to give a slight effect or apply two coats to give the colour shown in the tube. The wear of this lip product lasts a good amount of time but like all lipsticks will need reapplying.

Overall I am very impressed with my new NYX products and can say I will be definitely paying another visit to their stand in Boots! NYX is also now available to buy online on of their website! I hope you have enjoyed this post and found it somewhat useful!

Lots of love,

Share:

15 comments

  1. Such nice shades you have! I would wear Dubai all the time if I had it haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been wearing it pretty much everyday! It's such an easy everyday lipstick xx

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to try these ones but I went to my local stand the other day and it was absolutely picked clean, even some of the testers were missing! I love Dubai and Soft Spoken.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I went when it first opened but it was a mission to try and grab anything! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm literally obsessed with NYX at the moment! Their liquid suede in soft spoken is the only thing I've wore on my lips for at least the past month. It's such a dream!

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! Such a beautiful everyday shade x

      Delete
  4. I love the liquid suede lipsticks. They are so comfortable and the color selection is so nice. a good range of dark and brights!

    Trecee

    http://treceefabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a dream to apply aren't they! Their colour range was really impressive I must say x

      Delete
  5. These are all such pretty shades! I love the Liquid Suedes :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so different to what I usually go for but I am so glad I picked these up! Wear them almost everyday! x

      Delete
  6. These lipsticks look lovely, the shades are gorgeous! x

    http://paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're by far my favourite lipsticks at the moment! Have been using them every since I wrote this review! x

      Delete
  7. Wow!I love these colors! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course hun! I'll head on over now xx

      Delete
  8. Love reading your blog. I love to makeup a lot. Also I make sure to travel light with mostly cotton white top and a couple of reliable bottomwear for summer. A good travel guide, good food and right company is all you need for a dream vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig