Saturday 8 August 2015

SWEET SUMMER // FACE OF THE DAY


For today's post I thought I'd try a new series that I'll be uploading when I'm feeling spontaneous and changing up my make up looks, hopefully at least once every week! I feel that this way I'll be able to try a bunch of products, some old favorites and some new, and give you everything you need to know about them!


For today's face I decided to go pretty simple and easy as it's been such a beautiful day and I didn't want to waste time while the sun was out, as lets be honest, it doesn't last very long in the UK!

For the base I used this 'Happy light primer' from Bourjois to help avoid the disco ball look while I was out and about in the sun, I've used this product for a while now and love using it for a light make up look as it doesn't feel cakey on the skin. I have recently discovered the Revlon 'Colorstay' foundation and I have been loving this for the summer as it gives a slight glow but also a good amount of coverage to the skin. The 'Lasting Perfection' concealer by Collection is honestly a fool proof product. I no doubt swear by this concealer and use it every day I wear make up, throughout all seasons. As I wanted a summer inspired make up I reached out for probably the most terrifying blush I own, another Bourjois product, in the colour 34 rose d'or. When you apply this blush it leaves the most gorgeous colour with a beautiful and light shimmer, perfect for when you're feeling lazy as there's no need to apply a highlighter!

For eyebrows I left these very simple and easy too so I just brushed them through and lightly applied the Collection eyebrow pencil in Blonde 3, and then brushed through them again to get a more natural look. I recently purchase the 'False lash telescopic' mascara by L'oreal and today was the first time I'd experimented with it and first impressions were that it was clump free and glided through the lashes nicely however I don't feel that it gives enough volume to the lashes, saying this it is the first time trying so I will carry on to try it out! Lastly to add to my summer make up I applied the Revlon 'Lib butter' in the colour sweet tart as the colour screams summer. I bought this lip butter a while back and I found it at the bottom of my make up collection and today it reminded me how much I used to love this product. It has such a lovely creamy consistency with a beautiful pigmentation and the slightest shimmer you can't really go wrong!

I hope you've enjoyed this different type of post, let me know if you would like to see more!
What products are your summer go to's? 

Iss x
Share:

8 comments

  1. I love the Collection concealer :) My summer go to's have to be the Garnier BB Cream for Oily skin, L'Oreal True Match and MAC Strobe Cream <3 If you've never tried them you should definitely check them out :)

    Lauren x

    velvetteddys.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the BB Cream and I absolutely love the true match foundation! Definitely need to try it out with the MAC strobe cream!

      Iss x

      Delete
  2. Wow that blush is one of the most beautiful color I've seen!!! I bet it looks gorgeous on you! I'm adding that to my list. This summer I've been really light on my makeup and has really only been using a tinted moisturizer with spf, powder, lipstick, and mascara.

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous! Gives just the right amount of glow too :) I wish I could just wear a tinted moisturiser but as soon as I got home from uni my skin started playing up :( x

      Delete
  3. I've herd such great things about the Bourjois Happy Light foundation, I still havent given it a go! I use to use their foundations religiously though!

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I absolutely love the foundations in bourjois! Especially the smell of them haha x

      Delete
  4. I love the happy light primer! Really want to try the collection concealer but I always forget to buy it when I'm out!

    http://laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you really should! You won't regret it heh :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig