Sunday 3 April 2016

SPRING TIME BEAUTY BUYS


Since it's now finally spring I decided to make a Superdrug order and change up my make up bag with some of these old, and new favourites! I've been using the same products for my face make up for far to long now and thought spring was the perfect time to change it up a notch.

For as long as I can remember I've been using the Rimmel 'Match perfection' foundation mixed with the Rimmel 'Lasting finish' foundation, and I absolutely love these two foundations but unfortunately their colour range is slightly on the pink side which is the complete opposite to my skin tone as I have more yellow undertones. I used to be a huge fan of the L'oreal 'True match' foundation and their colour range is outstanding! They have 10 different shades, each with three different undertones of either warm, neutral or cool to perfectly match your skin. I'd noticed that recently L'oreal had updated their packaging for the 'True match' foundation and also slightly tweaked the formula so I was excited to give this another go. I picked up the shade W1 as for some reason they don't stock W2 anywhere, which is the shade I used to be without any tan, but luckily this shade matches me perfectly as I am quite pale at the moment. This foundation is more on the matte side with a medium coverage, I would recommend this to those of you who struggle with oily skin!

Next I had to stock up on my favourite concealer from Collection, from their 'Lasting perfection' range. I will one day venture out of my comfort zone and try some new concealers but this one is always a must for me! It's so high coverage, and for my under eye bags I need all the coverage I can get. Let me know in the comments below any of your favourite concealers as I really do need to try out something new!

Due to buying a matte foundation, I thought buying a more glowing powder would help give me a more dewy look as my skin type is dry to combination so it tends to look a bit more on the matte side with this foundation. My sister always raves about this 'Java rice loose powder' by Bourjois and I had to get it. This loose powder had THE finest shimmer particles that it instantly gives your foundation a slight dewy look without looking like a disco ball and I am in love! It's great if you have dry skin and want a more dewy effect. The colour of this powder is white but once applied it doesn't leave any colour which is always a bonus for me!

The next thing that I've finally got my hands on is the 'Infallible sculpt contour palette' by L'oreal in the shade light to medium. I've been really getting into contour and once I heard that this was a cream product I was so intrigued to try it out and hopefully finally be able to master the whole contouring malarkey. I was thinking on doing a first impression of this product, let me know in the comments if you would like me to!

The last thing that I decided to buy was one of my old favourite mascaras. Lately I've been on the hunt for a good new mascara and unfortunately none of the ones I'd tried were cutting it for me, I firstly tried out the 'Divine lash mascara' by Collection as the brush looked an exact dupe of the Benefit 'They're real mascara' but unfortunately the formula was way to dry and impossible to work with on my lashes. Another one I gave a go was the Maybelline 'Great lash mascara' but this would print on my under eyes after a few hours. After failing to find a new mascara that would work with my lashes I decided to go back and splurge on my old favourite the Max Factor 'False lash effect' in black. For me this mascara works wonders for my eyelashes, it gives great volume with a good amount of length also. It stays in place all day and doesn't lose it's curl, a winner to me!

Next on my list is to venture out on a new eyeshadow palette, I've been using my Urban Decay Naked 'Smoky' palette religiously, what eyeshadow palettes are your current favourites? I would love to know! I hope you enjoyed this blog!





Share:

10 comments

  1. I saw the Bourjois powder in the shops and was so intrigued (look at that gorge packaging) would love to see a first impressions of the product! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I will definitely do one! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I need to get my hands on the L'Oreal sculpt contouring palette, it looks great!

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! I still haven't managed to try it out yet, need to get some pictures ready for a review before I do! Blogger problems, haha xx

      Delete
  3. Don't worry you're not the only one who picked up a collection lasting perfection concealer to stock up on the other day haah!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have picked up two, hahah, I always have to get a load when I see them as they're ALWAYS out of stock! xx

      Delete
  4. The bourjois powder sounds awesome. I have the same problem as you, I don't want my face to look really flat but at the same time I want to set my makeup so it lasts, I defo need to check out that powder

    YIGE a blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try it out! It's such a good way of making your make up last, I find that dewy foundations just rub off my face! xx

      Delete
  5. I thought they didn't sell that Bourjois powder anymore! I have a dry complexion myself, and I think it's so hard to find a good powder that doesn't make me look all cakey. Whenever I go near a powder it immediately clings to my dry patches

    June | https://hellolipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same! I never seem to see it in store anymore, but luckily they sell it online :) I am completely the same, especially with foundations, really struggle to find one that doesn't cling onto those dry patches! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig