Friday 1 April 2016

MUA LUXE // VELVET LIP LACQUER



Although I'm being super tight with money while I wait for my next student loan, I couldn't stop myself from making a Superdrug order as obviously I need make up more than I need to pay rent and bills. Just kidding, don't worry. As soon as I saw these new beauties from MUA Luxe I knew I had to get my hands on them all, however unfortunately only two were in stock! But luckily these two colours were two of my favourite from the range.

The two shades I managed to pick up from the Velvet Lip Lacquer range were Reckless - 656 and Tranquility - 694. When I first received these I was amazed by how pretty these two colours were, it's always risky ordering lipsticks online! Reckless being a lovely red with a slight pink undertone, perfect for when I get my tan on, and Tranquility a gorgeous orange based nude, perfect for an everyday make up look.

Tranquility was the first shade I manage to try on, at first I wasn't so keen on the colour on me as it seemed a tad too orange undertoned for my liking, however saying this, once this dried matte it was a gorgeous nude with a browny orange undertone. In my opinion I feel that this type of colour would suit all skin tones! Reckless is THE perfect red shade, not to bright and not to dark! Both shades look more brighter in colour when first applied, however once dried the colours tone down a bit and are stunning.

These lip lacquers have easily made their way into my April favourites, they are extremely matte and dry within about 2 minutes, I prefer this as I always tend to get that problem of my hair sticking to lipsticks and lip glosses. The wear on these are amazing, I've been wearing the shade tranquility since 11am until now which is currently 5pm and have had lunch in between and haven't needed a touch up! They're perfect for a night out and I would definitely recommend these to those of you who are looking for a long lasting matte liquid lipstick.

Have you tried any of these yet and what are your thoughts?



Share:

18 comments

  1. These are so good for their price! The nude colour one looks nice, I might have to have a look in Superdrug for it!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wear it pretty much everyday now! They're so pigmented too, a little goes a long way :) x

      Delete
  2. Omg gorgeous photos they look so pretty! Love the shades, there Deffo up my street! I need to pick these up:) xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! So pigmented too :) need to get more shades when I'm next in store! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love the look of reckless!! I wish I picked up that shade now instead of tranquillity since it didn't suit me at all :( but they're such good value for money xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it's so perfect for spring! Yeah I wasn't so sure on tranquility at first but maybe give it a few more tries! I ended up loving it :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love how pigmented the shades are on the swatch as well as its durability to last that long throughout the day. Amazing!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised when I swatched these! So gorgeous, I need to go and get their other colours in the range! xx

      Delete
  5. WOW these shades are gorgeous!! Definitely need to check them out xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my page to find out more info x

    https://bibbykiss.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! I really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  7. These look so pigmented and creamy! I also haven't tried any MUA products so this will just be added to my list of things to buy :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really lovely! Definitely one of the most pigmented lip products I have tried :) xx

      Delete
  8. Oooh Reckless looks so nice! x

    Laurzrah 

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shades are so gorgeous; I love the look of Reckless xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so gorgeous! I love the packaging xx

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe these are MUA lipsticks, they look and sound really good quality! Reckless is gorgeous. This shows that there's no need to break the bank to get good quality liquid lipsticks now, and every brand has started making their own! :D

    Julia x
    Check out my last travel post here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/05/week-in-england-2-glimpse-of-reading.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig