Tuesday 20 October 2015

AUTUMNAL MAKE UP









As the autumn season has finally approached I thought there was no better time than now to finally get out the bold berry lip and the neutral eye. I absolutely love this time of year, the chunky scarves, the daring lipsticks and of course the pumpkin spiced latte's. So today I thought I would show you the products I have been using for my everyday autumn make up look. 

During colder seasons I like to go for a more dewy foundation look as my skin tends to dry up during autumn and winter so to achieve this I use foundations such as the Rimmel True Match, Revlon Colorstay or Nars Sheer Glow with a light dusting of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. To help enhance the dewiness I add a small amount of the Sleek highlighter in the contour kit and also without a doubt use the contour shade to add definition. For my brows I use my trusty Sleek eyebrow kit.

I tend to keep my foundation routine pretty similar throughout the year as I'm really bad at trying out new foundations and tend to stick to the same thing. However I do like to occasionally change up my highlighters, bronzer's and blushes. And for these I tend to use more cream products in the colder months as I find they stay in place much longer than they would during summer.

For my eyeshadow I used the Revolution Iconic 3 palette as it has a range of golds and browns. I like to keep my eyeshadow very simple when wearing a bold lip as I can find it a bit too full on so for this I just apply a gold shimmer shade all over the eyelid and add definition using a matte dark brown shade which I will also apply under the lower lashes. Lastly I added a pink shimmer shade in the center of my eyelid and on the inner corner. For years now I've stuck to my Natural Collection liquid eyeliner and lately I have been using the L'oreal telescopic mascara which I have fallen in love with.

Last of all which in my opinion is the star of this whole make up look is the burgundy lipstick. I have so many dark raspberry lipsticks, but today I decided to use Kiko's Smart Lipstick in 914 Amaranth and their Smart Lip pencil in 711 Light Plum.

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post and found it helpful in someway, I would love to hear what products you have been using this autumn and your favourite things to do during this time of year!

Lots of Love,


       
Share:

10 comments

  1. I may have to try out that eyeshadow palette, your make up looks gorgeous!

    Just to let you know I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award, the rules and more are in my latest post :)

    Shan xo

    www.shanaliexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They eyeshadow is a dupe for the naked 3 pallete if you haven't tried that either! Thank you so much, I'll head on over and check it out! Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh your makeup is gorgeous!!! 'Brows on fleek' as most people say hahaha!!:) Xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! You're too kind, haha those brows do take a lot of effort! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this look, love that you use neutral eye shadows with that awesome eye shadow palette. You look lovely!


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  4. Rimmel stay matte is my holy grail powder! Your eye makeup is absolutely gorgeous wit that revolution palette! Lovely blog post! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it for as long as I can remember! Can't seem to find anything better yet, can't really go wrong with how inexpensive it is too! Thank you lovely, really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  5. This look is so pretty! I've been using Rimmel stay matter for as long as I can remember too!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I will get back to your comment as soon as possible!

© Isabel Louise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig